PhonePe – A Convenient Betting Payment Method for Indian Punters
PhonePe is a one-of-a-kind online payment method that has become a hit among Indian punters who want to make instant payments without following long procedures. This digital payment method is the first mobile-based application that was created on the UPI (Unified Payments Interface). The most impressive characteristic of PhonePe which attracts the majority of customers is its availability in more than eleven official Indian languages including Odia, Gujarati, Marathi, English, Telugu, and Hindi. If you are inclined towards using PhonePe as a payment method to conduct transactions including making deposits at Indian betting sites, read on.
availability in more than eleven official Indian languages including Odia, Gujarati, Marathi, English, Telugu, and Hindi
PhonePe: An Overview
PhonePe app can be downloaded on Android devices. Users can download the app from the Google Play Store. For iOS users, the PhonePe app is available on the App Store. You need stable Internet connectivity to download a UPI-based app like PhonePe. After you have downloaded the app, go ahead and verify your mobile number and fill in all the necessary information asked by the app. Now, you need to create a new Virtual Payment Address (VPA). This VPA can also be your username which is a requirement before you link your bank account that you are going to use. You can now start using the PhonePe app to make various online transactions on different platforms including the online betting sites.
FAQs about PhonePe
The minimum deposit you can make on a betting site via PhonePe is up to ₹500 while the maximum limit is up to ₹20,000. So, if you are considering PhonePe as a deposit method to fund your betting account with larger amounts, you will have to make larger deposits or find another payment method that has a greater maximum deposit limit.
Indian Betting Sites Accepting PhonePe;
Yes, PhonePe is a legal payment method that is designed for Indian players to make payments on various platforms including online bookmakers. Before registering yourself on any bookmaker site, you should make sure to check whether the site is accepting PhonePe as a payment method.
Indian Betting Sites Accepting PhonePe;
You can avail the Welcome Bonus by depositing the minimum required amount on any online betting site using the PhonePe payment method. However, you can also deposit the amount using AstroPay, Online Banking, Paytm, and any other online payment method available on the bookmaker.
Indian Betting Sites Accepting PhonePe;
Benefits of Using PhonePe
Just like any other mobile payment app, PhonePe is designed to make online payments convenient and quick. Below we have mentioned the benefits you get from using the app:
No Deposit Fees
PhonePe doesn’t charge you any amount on making a deposit in your betting account. This means that you can place bigger bets. However, this solely depends on how much you earn from a bet and which betting site you are using and the game you are playing.
PhonePe doesn’t charge you any amount on making a deposit in your betting account
Ease of Use
This is one of the major factors that contribute to the popularity of the PhonePe platform among the betting community. PhonePe can be easily handled even if you are a first-timer. Besides betting, the app is pretty handy when you have to make other payments online. For instance, you can use the app to transfer money to your friends and pay at offline stores. Furthermore, PhonePe can also be used to receive money. It can also be used to pay bills for movie tickets, food, gas, electricity, etc. What’s more convenient is that you can perform transactions in Indian Rupees, which is India’s official currency.
There is a huge percentage of online bettors who get duped by many payment gateways, betting sites and other payment methods. This hampers the reliability and creates confusion among the bettors on which service provider they can trust. However, one can expect a different experience at PhonePe. The Reserve Bank of India is the regulating body which further adds to the reliability of the payment portal. This helps divert the focus from the safety concerns and lets bettors focus entirely on betting.
Variety of Payment Methods
Majority of online bettors prefer PhonePe as a payment method to make deposits and withdrawals. This is mostly because of the variety of payment methods they provide. Making payments with PhonePe is effortless, solely because of the Direct-Debit system called UPI. Other suitable methods include payment through the external wallet, PhonePe Wallet, debit and credit card. The PhonePe Gift Card is also a feasible payment method that allows players to transfer the amount to and from their betting account. All you need to do is choose a payment method of your preference.
Opening An Account On PhonePe?
Before you open an account on PhonePe, you need to download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store depending on the device you are using (Android or iOS). You can even visit PhonePe’s official website to download the app. After the app is installed on your mobile device, you can proceed with the registration process to create an account. Follow the steps below to open a PhonePe account:
- Phone Number Verification This is the first thing which requires you to register your mobile number with the PhonePe app. Make sure that the number you provide is linked to your bank account that you are going to use to fund the PhonePe Wallet. A One-Time-Password (OTP) will be sent to the provided number which you have to enter and click on ‘Verify’ so you can proceed with the registration process.
- Enter Personal Details After the verification of your phone number is complete, PhonePe redirects you to a page, where you need to fill in your Email Address, Full Name, Address, and generate a 4-digit password. After entering these details, you have to accept the Terms & Conditions and click on ‘Activate Account’ option.
- Create a VPA (Virtual Payment Address) The next step requires customers to create a Virtual Payment Address (VPA) which will act as a username for the customer’s PhonePe account. This allows them to send and receive money without entering the account number.
- Linking Bank Account After the VPA is created, you need to select the bank you will use to make transactions with. When you choose a bank, PhonePe automatically asks for your bank details by using your verified phone number. The final step would be to confirm these details and your account would be created. Note: Every transaction you make needs to be authorized by giving the BHIM UPI PIN. Those who are not familiar with creating a BHIM UPI PIN for their bank account, need to locate the ‘BHIM UPI PIN’ option mentioned under the account details. To create the BHIM UPI PIN, you need to enter the last 6-digits of your Debit card, mention the ‘Expiration Date’, and the OTP sent by the bank for verification. Every bank has a unique UPI PIN that is needed whenever you want to transfer the amount.
Making Payments With PhonePe
Once you are done with the registration process at PhonePe, you have your account ready to be used for betting and making other kinds of payments. Paying for daily necessities such as food, or paying electricity bills, buying gold, gift cards, or making deposits in your betting account are some of the many options available on PhonePe.
Making Deposits With PhonePe
There are multiple ways provided on PhonePe for you to make deposits in a few simple steps and faster than many other payment options. Here are the payment methods that can be used to make deposits with PhonePe:
Direct-Debit using UPI
This is the most popular and fastest payment method that is being currently used by a majority of PhonePe users. The method involves direct money transfer from a bank account to the recipient through the BHIM UPI service.
Debit and Credit Cards
Upon selecting the Debit and Credit Card payment option, you will have to fill your card details to go ahead with making the payment. This involves you entering the Name On The Card, Card Number, Expiration Date, and the CVV number.
PhonePe’s Wallet allows customers to store money and use it as cash whenever needed. You can fund your PhonePe Wallet using via bank account using the UPI or credit/debit cards.
Besides their own Wallet, PhonePe has partnered with external wallets such as JioMoney, Airtel, and Freecharge. PhonePe has integrated the apps of these wallets in its interface. Customers who have accounts with any of these wallets can make payments using the PhonePe app.
PhonePe Gift Card
You can buy a Gift Card through PhonePe which can be used to pay for all kinds of shopping bills and other payments. The PhonePe Gift Card limit ranges between ₹100 and ₹10,000.
PhonePe Deposits on Betting Sites
Here we will talk about the most reliable and popular bookmaker sites that allow Indian players to make deposits in their betting account using PhonePe:
Depositing on 1xBet via PhonePe
1xBet is a popular online betting site that accepts PhonePe as a payment method which is advantageous for Indian players as they can make all the payments in INR which saves them from paying huge chunks of conversion money when they are depositing in US Dollars, Euros, Pounds, and other currencies. The money needs to be sent to the particular account and a request needs to be sent for the funds to be deposited in your 1xBet betting account. Here is a step-by-step procedure of depositing money in a 1xBet betting account using PhonePe:
- Visit the 1xBet official site
- Sign in to your betting account
- Click on the ‘Deposit’ option located on the home page
- Choose PhonePe as the deposit option from the list of payment methods
- Fill all the details in the form. Customers are usually asked to provide the amount figure, their PhonePe registered mobile number and the name on your PhonePe account.
- Now, click on the ‘Proceed’ option which will initiate the deposit process on 1xBet
1xBet is a popular online betting site that accepts PhonePe
Note: The moment you press the ‘Proceed’ option, the intermediary PhonePe account will be displayed on the next page. This is the page where you will be transferring the money you want to deposit in your betting account. Most of the times, the account has an email, a name, and the registered PhonePe number.
- Make sure you add the registered mobile number of this intermediary PhonePe account in the contact list of your mobile device.
- Open the PhonePe app
- Choose ‘Transfer’ from the home page of the PhonePe app
- Choose the intermediary PhonePe registered mobile number saved on your mobile device
- Confirm the deposit amount and select the preferred mode of payment such as BHIM UPI, debit cards/credit cards, etc.
- Click on the ‘Send’ option to conclude the transaction process
- The amount will be successfully transferred to your PhonePe 1xBet intermediary account
Depositing on 10Cric via PhoneBet
10Cric has always led the way in setting trends in offering the most convenient payment methods for depsits and withdrawals. This Indian bookmaker was the first one to launch PhonePe as a depositing option for Indian players. The process of depositing on 10Cric is pretty easy and quick. Here are the steps you can follow to deposit the desired amount in your 10Cric betting account via PhonePe:
- Sign in to your 10Cric betting account and open the deposits page
- You will be redirected to a new page where you need to fill in the deposit amount, description, registered PhonePe mobile number, and email.
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ option
Note: 10Cric requires customers to always mention ‘POKER’ in the description even if you do not want to play the game.
- Now, payment gateway would be visible that provides customers with different paying methods including bank account, debit card, and UPI
- In the dropdown menu, you need to choose ‘Wallet’ as the option
- In the next set of options, you will have to choose PhonePe as the preferred payment method and then click on ‘Pay Now’
- To complete the transaction, you need to sign in to your PhonePe account
Min Deposit: $10
Min Deposit: ₹1,000